SUBMIT YOUR CASE NOW
CANADIANTIRE’S ULTIMATE MARKETING CHALLENGE
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TOPARTICIPATE OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ORIMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESSREQUIRED.
EACH WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THEPRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND SIGN DOCUMENTATION, SUCH AS A RELEASE, WITHINFIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESEOFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINEDBELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
The Canadian Tire Marketing Challenge Contest (the “Contest”)is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and shall be construed andevaluated according to applicable Canadian law. No purchase necessary.Participants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older in their province orterritory of residence at the time of entry. Void in whole or in part whereprohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of theseContest rules (the “Contest Rules”).
1. SPONSOR: The Contest sponsor isCanadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC” or the “Sponsor”) withits head office located at 2180 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario Canada, M4P 2V8.This Contest is also administered by the Sponsor. This Contest is in no waysponsored, administered, endorsed by or associated with Facebook from Meta (“Facebook”),Instagram from Meta (“Instagram”), LinkedIn Corporation (“LinkedInCorp.”) or Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”). Anyquestions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsor, and not toFacebook, Instagram, LinkedIn Corp. or Twitter.
2.ELIGIBILITY. Tobe eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec);
(b) be eighteen (18) years of age or older in theirprovince/territory of residence at time of entry; and
(c) be an undergraduate student currently enrolled atan accredited Canadian University.
Employees of the Sponsor, its affiliates,subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, andthose living in the same household (whether or not related) of any of theabove, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identityand/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proofmay result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested byand supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful,complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, inits sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at anystage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal detailsand/or information.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. TheContest begins on Day, February 25, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”)and ends on Friday, May 13th, 2022 at 9:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter theContest. Enter using only one of the methods of entry outlined below. Noentries will be accepted by any other means.
(i) Entrants will have from February 25, 2022 at12:00 a.m. to April, 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Round 1 ApplicationPeriod”) to enter, after which time the Contest will be closed and nofurther entries shall be accepted.
(ii) To enter, eligible students must form a team oftwo (2) or three (3). The team of students must attend the same accreditedCanadian University (each a “Team”, collectively the “Teams”).
(iii) During the Round 1 Application Period, eachTeam must complete the following:
i. Visit CTMarketingChallenge.ca (the “Site”);
ii. View the case topic (the “Case”);
iii. Complete a 2-page business report based on the Case that includes thefollowing information:
1) With a budget of$1,500,000, create an integrated marketing campaign to increase Atmosphere’smarket share and differentiate the brand from its competitors. Pick a 4–8-weeklaunch period in 2023 and include how you will sustain the campaign for theyear to follow. You will have access to the brand’s full portfolio of owned,earned, and paid marketing channels.; and
2) Support yourplan by incorporating one ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance)initiative into your strategy. This initiative should help Atmosphere bringvalue to Canadians. ESG is a holistic view of how a company’s business modelcontributes to sustainable development. As one of Canada’s most trusted brands,CTC is committed to operating sustainability and bringing solutions andinnovations that create positive environmental, social, and economic outcomes.Example ESG topics in the retail industry include:
b. Community Investmentand Engagement
c. Diversity, Inclusion, andBelonging
As you approach this case, consider therole that Atmosphere will play in the big picture of CTC’s family of brands.How does Atmosphere’s value proposition and brand positioning add value to thecorporation as a whole? How does its mission ladder up to CTC’s? Is there anopportunity for Atmosphere to reach customers not yet captured by the CTCnetwork?
2. Assessmentof Atmosphere’s Current State
3. Brand Repositioning Strategy
a. Target Segment
b. Proposed Brand Purposeand Values
c. BrandValue Proposition
d. ESG Initiative
4. Integrated Marketing Plan ($1,500,000)
a. Creative Concept – “The Big Idea”
b. Tactics, Strategy and Key Messaging
c. Budget, Timing,KPIs
iv. Agree to the Contest Rules; and
v. Submit the required information outlined in 4(a)(iii) above on the Site inone (1) of the following formats:
• 12 slide maximum PowerPoint presentation, with maximum 10-page appendices(PDF);
• 7 minute maximum video (YouTube or Vimeo link); or
• 2-page maximum written report (Arial font, size 10, single space), with 10-pagemaximum appendices (PDF).
(each an “Entry”, collectively the “Entries”)
(b) There are two (2) rounds of evaluations (Round 1and Round 2 as defined below) that will occur during the Contest Period.Entries will be evaluated based on four (4) weighted criteria (described belowin paragraph 6(b)) and will be given a total score out of one hundred (100)(the “Score”).
(c) The first round will consist of the evaluationsof all the submitted Entries by the end of the Round 1 Application Period (“Round1”). The top five (5) Entries with the highest Scores from Round 1 willmove on to Round 2 (as defined below) (“The Top Five”).
(d) The Top Five will proceed to the second round ofevaluations where they will present their Entry to a panel of four (4) to eight(8) judges that consist of members from Canadian Tire’s leadership team (“Round 2”). Sponsor and the other Releasees will not beresponsible in the event any activity is delayed, cancelled, postponed orrescheduled for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, by reasonof COVID-19.
NO PURCHASE ENTRY METHOD.
a. To enter without submitting the information outlined in 4(a)(iii) above,entrants must submit a handwritten response of two-hundred (200) words or lessand “Tell us about your most memorable Canadian Tire experience”.Responses must be emailed to the following address:
b. All Entries received using this method mustinclude: (i) the entrant’s first and last name; and (ii) email address. NoPurchase Entry Requests must be postmarked between February 25, 2022 and April1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET and received by the Sponsor no later than April 6, 2022.
(collectively, a “No Purchase Entry Request”)
(e) Limitof one (1) Entry per Team from a valid email account, or No Purchase EntryRequest. Creation and use of multiple or alias accounts inorder to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by the Contest Rules may resultin the disqualification of all Entries from such accounts as well asdisqualification of the entrant from the Contest.
(f) In the event of a dispute regarding who submittedan Entry orNo Purchase Entry Request, theauthorized subscriber of the email account used to participate in the Contestat the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized accountsubscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email accountthat can be verified by Sponsor. For further clarity, for the purpose of theContest Rules, “authorized account subscriber” of a valid email account isdefined as the natural person who is assigned an email account by an internetaccess provider or telecommunications provider, on-line service provider, orother organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domainassociated with the email address (as applicable). Each entrant may be requiredto provide the Sponsor with proof that the entrant is the authorized accountholder of the email address that is associated with the Entryor NoPurchase Entry Request. If an entrant opts to use his/her email account via awireless mobile device (which is not required to enter the Contest), standarddata rates may apply for each message sent or received. Wireless carriers’ rateplans may vary, and entrants should contact their wireless carrier for moreinformation on messaging rate plans and charges relating to participation inthe Contest. Entrant also understands that mobile device service may not beavailable in all areas.
(g) By participating in this Contest, entrantacknowledges, represents and warrants that: (i) the Entry or No Purchase EntryRequest does not contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, profane orobscene and does not violate any laws relating to hate speech or otherwise, theEntry or No Purchase Entry Request is an original work, solely created by theentrant, and that no third party participated as an author, co-author,photographer or otherwise in the creation of the Entry or No Purchase EntryRequest or any part thereof and that all right, title, and interest (includingcopyright) therein and thereto is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to thefull extent necessary to enable the Sponsor to use the Entry or No PurchaseEntry Request as contemplated by these Contest Rules; (iii) the Entry or NoPurchase Entry Request does not infringe upon the intellectual property orother statutory or common law rights of any third party; and (iv) ifapplicable, any minor shown in the Entry and the submission of the Entry or NoPurchase Entry Request is made with any required consent of a parent and/orlegal guardian of such minor.
(h) You agree that the Sponsor may, at any time,edit, modify or remove the Entryor No Purchase Entry Request, in whole orin part, and may disqualify an entrant from the Contest if the Sponsorbelieves, in its sole discretion, that the entrant has breached any of therepresentations and warranties made above including, without limitation, on thebasis of concerns relating to the rights of third parties, including but notlimited to privacy, copyright, defamation, rights of personality, obscenity orhate speech.
(i) By submitting this Entry or No Purchase EntryRequest you, the entrant, confirm that you have obtained all required consentfor use and publication of the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request for thepurpose of this Contest, from all individuals who appear in the Entry or NoPurchase Entry Request being submitted (if applicable).
(j) All Entries or No Purchase Entry Requests becomethe sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned for any reason. Bysubmitting the Entryor No Purchase Entry Request, the entrant assigns to the Sponsorall of entrant’s right, title and interest, including copyright, in and to theEntryor No Purchase Entry Request, throughout the world in perpetuity.For greater certainty, the entrant acknowledges that, as a result of thisassignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploitthe Winner’s names, their photograph or likeness and the Entry or No PurchaseEntry Request in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways theSponsor may determine in its sole discretion and to authorize others to do so.This includes, but is not limited to, the right to reproduce, distribute,publish, exploit, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit,broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request,in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry or No PurchaseEntry Request in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of anykind to the entrant. By submitting the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, theentrant waives all of its so-called “moral rights” that it may enjoy in anyterritory throughout the world in relation to the Entryor NoPurchase Entry Request. Upon request by the Sponsor, the entrant agrees that itshall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to bedone) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as may reasonablybe necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of the entrant’srights in the Entryor No Purchase Entry Request.
(k) Entries and No Purchase Entry Requests must bereceived no later than the end of the Round 1 Application Period. Entries or NoPurchase Entry Requests will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible,incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically orelectronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchangedwith entrants except with those (1) selected for Round 2 evaluations; (2) aprize; or (3) that have sent questions or other communication to the Sponsor inaddition to making an Entryor No Purchase Entry Request.
(a) The prizes are hereafter referred to as the “Prizes”,each a “Prize”. The confirmed Prize winners are hereafter referred to asthe “Winning Teams”, each a “Winning Team” or “Winner”.
(b) There are four (4) Prizes available to be wonduring the Contest Period, and consist of the following:
First Place Prize
i. Each Team member will receive $3000.00 CAD in cash;
ii. $1000 in electronic Canadian TireMoney®;
iii. Fast-Track access to the Emerging Marketer Interviews. Winners will begiven access to the Case Round of Interviews, which will take place betweenAugust and October 2022
iv. An opportunity to meet with anexecutive from Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, at either the VP or SVPlevel
Second Place Prize
i. Each Team member will receive $500.00 CAD in cash;
ii. $500 in electronic Canadian TireMoney®;
iii. An opportunity to meet with an executive at Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, at the VP level
Third Place Prize
i. Each Team member will receive $250.00 CAD in cash;
ii. $250 in electronic Canadian TireMoney®;
iii. An opportunity to meet with an executive at Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited,at either the AVP or VP level
Runner Up Prize
x. One (1) $50 Sport Chek Gift Card*.
*Use of Gift Cards are subject to the terms andconditions of the issuer.
(c) The total ARV of the Prizes is betweeneleven thousand and sixteen thousand five-hundred Canadian dollars ($11,000.00- $16,500.00 CAD).
(d) Each Team or No Purchase Entry Request entrant isonly eligible to win one (1) Prize during the Contest Period.
(e) Winners are not entitled to monetary differencebetween actual Prize value and stated ARV of the Prize, if any.
(f) Each Prize will be awarded once Round 2 evaluationsare completed and the Winning Teams have been declared, notified of their Prizeand otherwise fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
(g) The Prize must be accepted by the Winners asawarded and cannot be transferred, exchanged, assigned, substituted or redeemedfor cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any unused portion of aPrize will be forfeited and has no cash value. The Sponsor reserves the right,in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if aPrize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(h) The Sponsor shall not assume any liability forlost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
6. WINNER SELECTION.
Three (3) Winning Teams shallbe selected as follows:
(a) On or about Friday, May 13th, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.ET in Toronto, Ontario, three (3) Teams will be selected based on their total Scoreafter Round 2 evaluations. Each Team shall be eligible to win only one (1)Prize. The odds of being selected as a Winning Team is dependent upon thenumber and calibre of eligible Entries received by the Sponsor during the Round1 Application Period, and three (3) in five (5) during Round 2 evaluationswhich will be based on the Scores awarded by the judges. Before being declareda Winning Team, the Winning Team shall be required to: (i) comply with theContest Rules, (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whethermechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question tobe administered during the event; and (iii) sign and return the Confirmationand Release (described below).
(b) There will be a panel of four (4) to eight (8)judges. Judges will be a combination of AVPs, VPs and Senior VPs in theSponsor’s Marketing Department. In Round 1 and Round 2 each judge will award a Scoreout of one hundred (100). The breakdown of scoring is as follows:
3. Actionable Recommendations
4. Professional Presentation
Maximum 100 Points
In the event of a tie, judges will score teams oninnovative conceptualization out of five (5) to act as a tie breaker. Thejudges, in their absolute discretion, shall select a Winning Team based uponthe above criteria. The decisions of the judges shall be final and binding andmay not be challenged in any way.
(c) Winning Teams will be notified immediately afterRound 2 evaluations are completed.
Runner Up Prize
a. Once the three (3) Winning Teams have beenselected and notified, one (1) Team or No Purchase Entry Request will beselected for the Runner Up Prize by a random electronic draw (using random.orgwhich will generate a random number that will match up against a list of theeligible entrants) from all remaining eligible Entries and No Purchase EntryRequests received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected as thepotential winner of the Runner Up Prize is dependent upon the number ofeligible Entries and No Purchase Entry Requests received by the Sponsor. Beforebeing declared a Winner, the selected entrant(s) shall be required to: (i)comply with the Contest Rules; (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of anykind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematicalskill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone callor by e-mail; and (iii) sign and return the Confirmation and Release (describedbelow).
b. The selected entrant(s) will be notified by emailno later than May 16, 2020 by 6:00 p.m. ET. The Sponsor will make a minimum ofthree (3) attempts to contact the selected entrant(s) within ten (10) businessdays of the draw date. Upon notification, the selected entrant(s) must providerequired information in compliance with these Contest Rules to the emailprovided in the notification, and the selected entrant’s response must bereceived by the Sponsor within five(5) business days after being notified. If the selectedentrant(s) does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she willbe disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another entrant may beselected, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, until such time as an entrantsatisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for thefailure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant(s) to receivenotification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(d) If, as a result of an error relating to the entryprocess, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selectedentrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random drawamongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to awardthe correct number of Prizes.
(e) ALL POTENTIAL WINNER’S AND/OR WINNING TEAMS ARESUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. AN ENTRANT ISNOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE CONTEST SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS ANDUNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING TEAM HAS BEEN VERIFIEDAND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOTACCEPT OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
7. RELEASE. Each Winner will berequired to execute a release and waiver (“Confirmation and Release”) thatconfirms the entrants: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance withthese Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release ofthe Sponsor, Canadian Tire Associate Dealers, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn Corp.,Twitter and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates,related companies, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors,administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying andpromotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and allliability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out ofparticipation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity orthe acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited tocosts, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss ordestruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, orportrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arisingtherefrom; (iv) grant to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’sindividual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicateby telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-usethe Winner’s names, their photograph or likeness, and the Entry or No PurchaseEntry Request, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, inconnection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof; (v)assignment to the Sponsor all of Winning Team’s right, title and interest,including copyright in and to the Entryor No Purchase Entry Request, throughoutthe world in perpetuity and acknowledgment that, as a result of thisassignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploitthe Winner’s names, their photograph or likeness, and the Entry or No PurchaseEntry Request in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways theSponsor may determine in its sole discretion and to authorize others to do so,including without limitation, the right to reproduce, distribute, publish,exploit, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit,broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request,in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry or No PurchaseEntry Request in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of anykind to the Winning Team; (vi) waiver of all of Winning Team’s so-called “moralrights” that it may enjoy in any territory throughout the world in relation tothe Entryor No Purchase Entry Request, to the maximum extent permitted bylaw; and (vii) acknowledgement that, upon request by the Sponsor, Winning Teamshall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to bedone) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as may reasonablybe necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of the Winners or WinningTeam’s rights in the Entryor No Purchase Entry Request. The executed Confirmation and Release must bereturned within five (5) business days of the verification as a Winner or theselected entrant(s) will be disqualified, and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. Byentering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from anyand all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrantor any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage,resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance,possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, anybreach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrantagrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third partiesrelating to the Contest, including without limitation any claims ofinfringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TheSponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for: (a) lost, late,unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete Entriesor NoPurchase Entry Requests, notifications, responses, replies or any Confirmationand Release, (b) any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware ortechnical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited tomalfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entryor No PurchaseEntry Request, (c) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused bywebsite users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with orutilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur inthe administration of the Contest, (d) any error, omission, interruption,deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications linefailure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of,Entriesor No Purchase Entry Requests, (e) any problems, failures ortechnical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer onlinesystems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, orbrowsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on theInternet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing,(f) any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resultingfrom participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumesliability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in theContest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive anyPrize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that theContest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasonsbeyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to, infection bycomputer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technicalfailures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity orproper conduct of this Contest. The Releasees make no warranty, guaranty, orrepresentation of any kind concerning any Prize and disclaim any impliedwarranty, guaranty, or representation.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in theContest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will bemade available online at CTmarketingchallenge.ca/pages/contest-rules. Entrantfurther agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall befinal and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its solediscretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the ContestRules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or theoperation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of useand/or general rules or guidelines of any online CTC property or service;and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent toannoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Caution: Any attemptto deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be aviolation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, theSponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extentpermitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i)grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, theEntry or No Purchase Entry Request, telephone number, and email addressfor the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited tocontacting and announcing the Winning Teams; (ii) grants to the Sponsor theright to use his/her name, photograph or likeness, and the Entry or No PurchaseEntry Request for Contest administration, publicity, and promotional purposesrelating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised,without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledgesthat the Sponsor may disclose his/her name, photograph or likeness, and theEntry or No Purchase Entry Request to third-party agents and serviceproviders acting on behalf of the Sponsor in connection with any of theactivities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Allintellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names,logos, designs, copyrights and any other intellectual property and tradesecrets contained in any materials including without limitation print, digitaland any other media is owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates, unlessotherwise stated. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or other use ofsuch material without the express written consent of its owner is strictlyprohibited.
13. TERMINATION. TheSponsor reserves the right, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part,and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in anyway, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LAW. These are the OfficialContest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial andmunicipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change withoutnotice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipallaws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor.All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretationand enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations asbetween the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall begoverned by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province ofOntario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice oflaw or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application ofany other jurisdiction’s laws. FURTHER, IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, UNDER NOCIRCUMSTANCES WILL AN ENTRANT BE PERMITTED OR ENTITLED TO OBTAIN (AND HEREBYWAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK OR CLAIM) INJUNCTIVE, EQUITABLE, OR OTHERNON-MONETARY RELIEF OR AWARDS FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIALDAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LAWYERS’ FEES, OTHER THAN ENTRANT’SACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10), ANDENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
15. SEVERABILITY. Ifany term or condition of the Contest Rules is invalid, illegal or unenforceablein any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall notaffect any other term or provision of the Contest Rules.
16. OFFICIAL RULES. TheseOfficial Contest Rules are available at CTmarketingchallenge.ca/pages/contest-rules or by sending an email to CTmarketingchallenge@cantire.ca. Limit one (1) request per outer envelope. Rulesrequests must be received during the Contest Period.
17. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. Inthe event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditionsof the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in anyContest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form,or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms andconditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail.
18. SPONSOR. The Sponsor of theContest and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Canadian TireCorporation, Limited, 2180 Yonge St. Toronto, Ontario Canada, M4P 2V8.Reference to third parties in connection with the Prize is for reference andidentification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement,sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Contest.