CANADIAN TIRE’S ULTIMATE MARKETING CHALLENGE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
EACH WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND SIGN DOCUMENTATION, SUCH AS A RELEASE, WITHIN FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
The Canadian Tire Marketing Challenge Contest (the “Contest”) is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and shall be construed and evaluated according to applicable Canadian law. No purchase necessary. Participants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Void in whole or in part where prohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules (the “Contest Rules”).
1. SPONSOR: The Contest sponsor is Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC” or the “Sponsor”) with its head office located at 2180 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario Canada, M4P 2V8. This Contest is also administered by the Sponsor. This Contest is in no way sponsored, administered, endorsed by or associated with Facebook from Meta (“Facebook”), Instagram from Meta (“Instagram”), LinkedIn Corporation (“LinkedIn Corp.”) or Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”). Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn Corp. or Twitter.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec);
(b) be eighteen (18) years of age or older in their province/territory of residence at time of entry; and
(c) be an undergraduate student currently enrolled at an accredited Canadian University.
(d) be an undergraduate student not in their graduating or final year of studies
Employees of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and those living in the same household (whether or not related) of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins on November 30, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Friday, January 27, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using only one of the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(i) Entrants will have from November 30, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. to January 27, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Round 1 Application Period”) to enter, after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
(ii) To enter, eligible students must form a team of two (2) or three (3). The team of students must attend an accredited Canadian University or College. Team members can attend the same or multiple different accredited Canadian Universities or Colleges (each a “Team”, collectively the “Teams”).
(iii) During the Round 1 Application Period, each Team must complete the following:
i. Visit CTMarketingChallenge.ca (the “Site”);
ii. View the case topic (the “Case”);
iii. Complete a 2-page business report based on the Case that includes the following information:
With a budget of $2,000,000.00 CAD create an integrated marketing campaign to increase Pets’ market share and build awareness amongst Millennials and Gen Z. Pick a 6-week period in 2024 to run the campaign and explain how you will sustain it for the year to follow. You will have access to the brand’s full portfolio of owned, earned, and paid marketing channels.
Please focus the content of your submission on new insights and your recommendations (requirements 2 and 3). Be sure to explain your rationale with the statistics provided in the case, industry data, and external research. There is no need to summarize the information from the case.
Assessment of Pets’ Current State
Campaign Strategy and Concept ($2,000,000.00 CAD)
Tactics & Key Messaging
Media Block Chart – Timing, Tactics, and Budget
Estimated Return on Investment
(iv) Agree to the Contest Rules; and
(v) Submit the required information outlined in 4(a)(iii) above on the Site in one (1) of the following formats:
• 12 slide maximum PowerPoint presentation, with maximum 10-page appendices (PDF);
• 7 minute maximum video (YouTube or Vimeo link); or
• 2-page maximum written report (Arial font, size 10, single space), with 10-page maximum appendices (PDF).
(each an “Entry”, collectively the “Entries”)
(b) There are two (2) rounds of evaluations (Round 1 and Round 2 as defined below) that will occur during the Contest Period. Entries will be evaluated based on four (4) weighted criteria (described below in paragraph 6(b)) and will be given a total score out of one hundred (100) (the “Score”).
(c) The first round will consist of the evaluations of all the submitted Entries by the end of the Round 1 Application Period (“Round 1”). The top five (5) Entries with the highest Scores from Round 1 will move on to Round 2 (as defined below) (“The Top Five”).
(d) The Top Five will proceed to the second round of evaluations where they will present their Entry to a panel of four (4) to eight (8) judges that consist of members from Canadian Tire’s leadership team (“Round 2”). Sponsor and the other Releasees will not be responsible in the event any activity is delayed, cancelled, postponed or rescheduled for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, by reason of COVID-19.
NO PURCHASE ENTRY METHOD.
(i). To enter without submitting the information outlined in 4(a)(iii) above, entrants must submit a handwritten response of two-hundred (200) words or less and “Tell us about your most memorable Canadian Tire experience”. Responses must be emailed to the following address:
(ii) All Entries received using this method must include: (i) the entrant’s first and last name; and (ii) email address. No Purchase Entry Requests must be postmarked between November 30, 2022 and January 27, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET and received by the Sponsor no later than February 1, 2023.
(collectively, a “No Purchase Entry Request”)
(e) Limit of one (1) Entry per Team from a valid email account, or No Purchase Entry Request. Creation and use of multiple or alias accounts in order to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by the Contest Rules may result in the disqualification of all Entries from such accounts as well as disqualification of the entrant from the Contest.
(f) In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to participate in the Contest at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email account that can be verified by Sponsor. For further clarity, for the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account subscriber” of a valid email account is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email account by an internet access provider or telecommunications provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address (as applicable). Each entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the email address that is associated with the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request. If an entrant opts to use his/her email account via a wireless mobile device (which is not required to enter the Contest), standard data rates may apply for each message sent or received. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and entrants should contact their wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to participation in the Contest. Entrant also understands that mobile device service may not be available in all areas.
(g) By participating in this Contest, entrant acknowledges, represents and warrants that: (i) the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request does not contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, profane or obscene and does not violate any laws relating to hate speech or otherwise, the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request is an original work, solely created by the entrant, and that no third party participated as an author, co-author, photographer or otherwise in the creation of the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request or any part thereof and that all right, title, and interest (including copyright) therein and thereto is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable the Sponsor to use the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request as contemplated by these Contest Rules; (iii) the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party; and (iv) if applicable, any minor shown in the Entry and the submission of the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request is made with any required consent of a parent and/or legal guardian of such minor.
(h) You agree that the Sponsor may, at any time, edit, modify or remove the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, in whole or in part, and may disqualify an entrant from the Contest if the Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant has breached any of the representations and warranties made above including, without limitation, on the basis of concerns relating to the rights of third parties, including but not limited to privacy, copyright, defamation, rights of personality, obscenity or hate speech.
(i) By submitting this Entry or No Purchase Entry Request you, the entrant, confirm that you have obtained all required consent for use and publication of the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request for the purpose of this Contest, from all individuals who appear in the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request being submitted (if applicable).
(j) All Entries or No Purchase Entry Requests become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned for any reason. By submitting the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, the entrant assigns to the Sponsor all of entrant’s right, title and interest, including copyright, in and to the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, throughout the world in perpetuity. For greater certainty, the entrant acknowledges that, as a result of this assignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploit the Winner’s names, their photograph or likeness and the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways the Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion and to authorize others to do so. This includes, but is not limited to, the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, exploit, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit, broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of any kind to the entrant. By submitting the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, the entrant waives all of its so-called “moral rights” that it may enjoy in any territory throughout the world in relation to the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request. Upon request by the Sponsor, the entrant agrees that it shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as may reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of the entrant’s rights in the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request.
(k) Entries and No Purchase Entry Requests must be received no later than the end of the Round 1 Application Period. Entries or No Purchase Entry Requests will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those (1) selected for Round 2 evaluations; (2) a prize; or (3) that have sent questions or other communication to the Sponsor in addition to making an Entry or No Purchase Entry Request.
(a) The prizes are hereafter referred to as the “Prizes”, each a “Prize”. The confirmed Prize winners are hereafter referred to as the “Winning Teams”, each a “Winning Team” or “Winner”.
(b) There are four (4) Prizes available to be won during the Contest Period, and consist of the following:
First Place Prize
i. Each Team member will receive $5000.00 CAD in cash;
ii. $1,000.00 CAD in electronic Canadian Tire Money®;
iii. Fast-Track access to the Emerging Marketer Interviews. Winners will be given access to the Case Round of Interviews, which will take place between August and October 2023
iv. An opportunity to meet with an executive from Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, at either the VP or SVP level
Second Place Prize
i. Each Team member will receive $2,000.00 CAD in cash;
ii. $500.00 CAD in electronic Canadian Tire Money®;
iii. An opportunity to meet with an executive at Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, at the VP level
Third Place Prize
i. Each Team member will receive $1,000.00 CAD in cash;
ii. $250.00 CAD in electronic Canadian Tire Money®;
iii. An opportunity to meet with an executive at Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, at either the AVP or VP level
Runner Up Prize
x. One (1) $50.00 CAD Sport Chek Gift Card*.
*Use of Gift Cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer.
(c) The total ARV of the Prizes is between nineteen thousand five hundred and twenty-nine thousand two hundred fifty Canadian dollars ($19,500.00 - $29,250.00 CAD).
(d) Each Team or No Purchase Entry Request entrant is only eligible to win one (1) Prize during the Contest Period.
(e) Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated ARV of the Prize, if any.
(f) Each Prize will be awarded once Round 2 evaluations are completed and the Winning Teams have been declared, notified of their Prize and otherwise fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
(g) The Prize must be accepted by the Winners as awarded and cannot be transferred, exchanged, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and has no cash value. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(h) The Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
6. WINNER SELECTION.
Three (3) Winning Teams shall be selected as follows:
(a) On or about Friday, March 3, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. ET in Toronto, Ontario, three (3) Teams will be selected based on their total Score after Round 2 evaluations. Each Team shall be eligible to win only one (1) Prize. The odds of being selected as a Winning Team is dependent upon the number and calibre of eligible Entries received by the Sponsor during the Round 1 Application Period, and three (3) in five (5) during Round 2 evaluations which will be based on the Scores awarded by the judges. Before being declared a Winning Team, the Winning Team shall be required to: (i) comply with the Contest Rules, (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during the event; and (iii) sign and return the Confirmation and Release (described below).
(b) There will be a panel of four (4) to eight (8) judges. Judges will be a combination of AVPs, VPs and Senior VPs in the Sponsor’s Marketing Department. In Round 1 and Round 2 each judge will award a Score out of one hundred (100). The breakdown of scoring is as follows:
1. Insight-Driven Decisions
2. Strategic Thinking
3. Actionable Recommendations
4. Professional Presentation
Maximum 100 Points
In the event of a tie, judges will score teams on innovative conceptualization out of five (5) to act as a tie breaker. The judges, in their absolute discretion, shall select a Winning Team based upon the above criteria. The decisions of the judges shall be final and binding and may not be challenged in any way.
(c) Winning Teams will be notified immediately after Round 2 evaluations are completed.
Runner Up Prize
a. Once the three (3) Winning Teams have been selected and notified, one (1) Team or No Purchase Entry Request will be selected for the Runner Up Prize by a random electronic draw (using random.org which will generate a random number that will match up against a list of the eligible entrants) from all remaining eligible Entries and No Purchase Entry Requests received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected as the potential winner of the Runner Up Prize is dependent upon the number of eligible Entries and No Purchase Entry Requests received by the Sponsor. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant(s) shall be required to: (i) comply with the Contest Rules; (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail; and (iii) sign and return the Confirmation and Release (described below).
b. The selected entrant(s) will be notified by email no later than March 6, 2023 by 6:00 p.m. ET. The Sponsor will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact the selected entrant(s) within ten (10) business days of the draw date. Upon notification, the selected entrant(s) must provide required information in compliance with these Contest Rules to the email provided in the notification, and the selected entrant’s response must be received by the Sponsor within five (5) business days after being notified. If the selected entrant(s) does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another entrant may be selected, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant(s) to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(d) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
(e) ALL POTENTIAL WINNER’S AND/OR WINNING TEAMS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE CONTEST SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING TEAM HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
7. RELEASE. Each Winner will be required to execute a release and waiver (“Confirmation and Release”) that confirms the entrants: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor, Canadian Tire Associate Dealers, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn Corp., Twitter and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; (iv) grant to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s names, their photograph or likeness, and the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof; (v) assignment to the Sponsor all of Winning Team’s right, title and interest, including copyright in and to the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, throughout the world in perpetuity and acknowledgment that, as a result of this assignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploit the Winner’s names, their photograph or likeness, and the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways the Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion and to authorize others to do so, including without limitation, the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, exploit, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit, broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of any kind to the Winning Team; (vi) waiver of all of Winning Team’s so-called “moral rights” that it may enjoy in any territory throughout the world in relation to the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, to the maximum extent permitted by law; and (vii) acknowledgement that, upon request by the Sponsor, Winning Team shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as may reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of the Winners or Winning Team’s rights in the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request. The executed Confirmation and Release must be returned within five (5) business days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant(s) will be disqualified, and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, including without limitation any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for: (a) lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete Entries or No Purchase Entry Requests, notifications, responses, replies or any Confirmation and Release, (b) any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, (c) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, (d) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries or No Purchase Entry Requests, (e) any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing, (f) any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. The Releasees make no warranty, guaranty, or representation of any kind concerning any Prize and disclaim any implied warranty, guaranty, or representation.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be made available online at CTmarketingchallenge.ca/pages/contest-rules. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online CTC property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request, telephone number, and email address for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winning Teams; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, photograph or likeness, and the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request for Contest administration, publicity, and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her name, photograph or likeness, and the Entry or No Purchase Entry Request to third-party agents and service providers acting on behalf of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, copyrights and any other intellectual property and trade secrets contained in any materials including without limitation print, digital and any other media is owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates, unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or other use of such material without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. TERMINATION. The Sponsor reserves the right, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LAW. These are the Official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. FURTHER, IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL AN ENTRANT BE PERMITTED OR ENTITLED TO OBTAIN (AND HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK OR CLAIM) INJUNCTIVE, EQUITABLE, OR OTHER NON-MONETARY RELIEF OR AWARDS FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LAWYERS’ FEES, OTHER THAN ENTRANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10), AND ENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
15. SEVERABILITY. If any term or condition of the Contest Rules is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of the Contest Rules.
16. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Contest Rules are available at CTmarketingchallenge.ca/pages/contest-rules or by sending an email to CTmarketingchallenge@cantire.ca . Limit one (1) request per outer envelope. Rules requests must be received during the Contest Period.
17. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail.
18. SPONSOR. The Sponsor of the Contest and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, 2180 Yonge St. Toronto, Ontario Canada, M4P 2V8. Reference to third parties in connection with the Prize is for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Contest.